I ran home for lunch today as I didn't bring anything with me this morning. It was also a chance to see Logan for a few as my mom was home with him today. :-) Mom ran out to the bank real quick and I watch Logan walk around the living room pushing his activity table all over:
Then I thought to myself..... Self - maybe he can use his walk behind toy?! We tried this last week (he has been pushing around the table for a while now) but the toy was moving too fast for him it seemed and he couldn't get his feet moving fast enough and just would fall. I figured a shot today couldn't hurt... at worst he falls on his face again and we try again later. :-) Much to my surprise he did great! My mom returned from the bank and I was so excited to show her Logan's new trick and of course the little butthead would NOT have anything to do with it. Just wanted to sit on his butt and spin the wheels. Such a silly boy. I showed her the video off the camera to suffice until he did it for her probably later this afternoon.
On a side note - Friday was my birthday and Nathan and I took a half day off work. Logan was at daycare and Nathan and I just kicked it old school so to speak. Just the two of us. We went to a nursery and bought a bunch of annuals and perenials to plant around the house. Then Nathan took me to a local scrapbooking store so I could go hog wild on some stuff. He also took me to a movie that afternoon! I went to pick up Logan from daycare where he made me an adorable gift (pics coming soon) and then he left to spend his first overnight with Grandma and Grandpa Wolfe. Nathan and I had a lovely dinner at the Melting Pot and then properly passed out cold within about 15 minutes of coming home. Wow... 28 is such an exciting age! *snore...*
Saturday was YARD DAY! We had spent two nights earlier in the week weeding as much as we good. Unfortunately the three previous owners of the house thought white rocks were the best landscaping had to offer. I now think of white rock as the spawn of satan. MUCH to our dismay we had to remove white rock on top of white rock on top of white rock. There was so much that all the top soil was gone, only clay was left. We had to bring in 600 pounds of top soil to fill in. We probably could have used more, but will just add to things next year I think. When all was said and done and after 8 hours of work in the yard I am quite pleased with the outcome! OH - and those 8 hours - only spent on the front yard! EEK! I of course forgot to take before pictures, but will take some after pictures tonight when I get home from work.
Yesterday after church Nathan did some work in the back yard. We have evergreen bushes (AKA the cousin of satan) on either side of the cement slab we call a patio. Nathan removed one of them yesterday afternoon. Still needs to get the stump out, but the rest is gone! We (and by "we" I mean my dad and Nathan) are going to build a deck over the cement slab later this summer (hopefully before Logan's first birthday) that will be a great addition to the back and we can finish some landscaping once that is done.
Okay - so ends my blog post! Hope you all have a lovely day!
No comments:
Post a Comment