Thursday, March 3, 2011

The first weeks...

So here is the blog that went unpublished for the last month. I thought I could share now. :)

Febrary 3, 2010
So after a negative test three days ago and feeling sick to my stomach the past two days and gagging at the smell of something I woke up this morning and took a pregnancy test... I'M PREGNANT! YIPEE! Good gosh! We have been trying for a while and are just SO thrilled! EEK!

Feb 20, 2010
So I can't post any of this stuff to my blog just yet, but I want to write some things down. Reason being is because I went back and read all the things I wrote when I was pregnant with Logan. Yes - that is right... I'M PREGNANT!! We found out on Thursday Feb 3rd early in the morning - the same as Logan.


I started feeling some symptoms before I tested - I didn't test as early as I did with Logan as I was sure I wasn't pregnant. We had been trying for many months and I was feeling rather discouraged this month. We had started getting some fertility testing and of course the month we started these tests is the month we got pregnant!


Anyway - I was having morning sickness and very tired for a couple days leading up to getting a positive test. After testing positive the symptoms continued - sick to my stomach, tired and sore breasts. I had a cough which caused me to gag every time I coughed - it was looooooooovely! Then I get sick with the horrible flu/upper respiratory infection/fever. It was a long week. I was so worried about the baby and if the baby would handle all that was going on with me.


I've had some spotting and a good deal of cramping, but never at the same time. I'm praying this little baby is settling in for the long haul! We had some beta blood work done and the numbers are supposed to double every 48 or so hours... mine doubled in 49 so that is good news at that point. So here I sit... according to my last period I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow. According to my ovulation I'll be 7 weeks on Thursday. We have our first ultrasound to check for a heartbeat on the 1st! I am very anxious for that appointment and for everything to look a-okay!


February 23, 2010

A day full of gagging and dry heaving. Fuuuuuuuuun! They had me do a one hour glucose test to test for gestational diabetes. I had to do it early on with Logan too due to my vuluptuously gifted-ness. I failed that one hour and then passed the three hour. I'm hoping for the same this time around. I have that test on Thursday the 3rd. I thought I'd make it for after my ultrasound on the 1st just to make sure everything is good with the baby before I torture myself with the 3-hour test. Good times... (UPDATE: After talking with my doctor we opted not to do the 3-hour and since I've basically been doing the gestational diabetes diet the past few weeks I'm just going to continue with that and check my sugars and call it good. Works for me... I SO did not want to do that 3-hour test!)


February 28, 2010
Tomorrow is a big day for us. Ultrasound day. I'm 8 weeks today and I can't wait til tomorrow. It is going to be a loooooong morning - our appt is at 1:00 in the afternoon. I am just praying so hard we see an image similar to what we saw with Logan at 8 weeks and 2 days. I'm praying for a flickering heart going pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter.... praying praying praying. *deep breaths* *deep breaths* *deep breaths* *deep breaths* Just typing it out I can feel my anxiety rising. Something I'm really going to work on for sure.

2 comments:

Kuchenmeister said...

Congrats! I knew I was pregnant with Owen after about 3 days (I knew I had ovulated) and I walked inot the kitchen and there was A SMELL. I could NOT go into the kitchen for the rest of the day. Ryan came home and I said "there's a smell in the kitchen and I'm probably pregnant!"

Unknown said...

I love how you did this in a draft and then published when you were ready. You didn't have to go back and remember everything and have a great record of how you felt and the first few days of excitement. Congrats!!